The University's Laucala Campus has 11 Halls of Residence housing 1,061 students and 31 units for married students. 10th and 11th Halls are new halls with modern facilities including a kitchen on each floor. A newly constructed 2 buildings for 11th Hall was available from June, 2017. The other halls have designated areas where microwave and students' personal rice cookers and electirc fry pans can be used for cooking. Housing application forms are available below. If you have any questions, please contact us at (+679) 323 2281, or send email to halls(at)usp.ac.fj. You can also visit the Halls Office located opposite Security Control Room.
Due to the heavy demand for on-campus accommodation, applicants must be registered full time students and priority is given as follows:
- Undergraduate students in Year 1 of their programme - Application deadline is mid-January and students must submit the medical report form HOR. 5A with their application.
- Continuing regional undergraduate students who applied by the deadline - Application deadline is 30 November every year for the following year
- Continuing Fiji undergraduate students who applied by the deadline - Application deadline is 30 November every year for the following year
- Postgraduate Students - Application deadline is 30 November for the following year.
Students are required to fill the Accommodation Application Form HOR.1 and submit it to the Halls of Residence Office before the application deadlines.
Students who have not previously lived in the Halls must also submit the Medical Examination Report Form HOR.5A with their application.
For Fiji students returning residents will have priority over first time applicants. Both categories will be prioritised as follows:
- Students from outside Viti Levu
- Students from Rakiraki/Tavua/Vatukoula/Ba/Lautoka/Nadi
- Students from outside the greater Suva area
Applicants will be informed of their application status by email from mid-January each year.